From 1 July, 2016, many rules have been changed by the Indian Railways IRCTC. They have also announced many changes in the facilities they provide. So, if you are planning any vacation, you should be aware of these changes as they can affect your plans!
Indian Railways IRCTC Has Changed Its Rules From 1st July
1. People didn’t get any refund on tatkal cancellations earlier but from 1st July, one will get back 50 per cent of the money after canceling tatkaltickets.
2. The Indian Railways has also changed the timing of tatkal bookings.
3. Tatkal window for AC will open from 10 AM to 11 AM. Whereas for sleeper coach ticket, you can book your ticket from 11 AM to 12 PM.
4. Only mobile tickets will now be valid in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains.
5. People can book tickets in regional languages also.
6. For the convenience of the passengers and providing them confirmed tickets, they will be increasing the number of coaches in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains.
7. Passengers on waiting lists will get alternate facility of Suvidha trains.
8. These trains will be like Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express in terms of lesser number of stops.
9. People will get only confirmed tickets in these Suvidha trains.
10. 50 per cent cash refund will be provided on canceling Suvidha trains.
11. The premium trains will no longer be in service from 1st July, 2016.
12. ‘Wake up call destination’ facility will be provided in the trains for the convenience of passengers.